8.45am - 9.00am
Coffee/Tea/Milo on arrival
9.00am - 9.30am
- Introduction from Dr Vicki & Mr Bernie Smulders.
- Discussion of topics
- Monitoring sheets for recording gambling made available to individuals with examples of analysis graphs.
- Self-exclusion forms handed out with flowchart showing individuals how to self-exclude.
9.30am - 11.30am
- All course participants are given comprehensive assessments to determine if they have any gambling problems or are "at risk" of becoming a problem gambler.
- This information and feedback is strictly confidential.
11.30am - 11.45am
11.45am - 12.10pm
- Woodlands Trust Interactive Faulty Logic Test for Gaming Machine Gamblers.
- Fill in our Faulty Logic Test and see how many correct you can get out of a maximum score of 24.
- What are some of the myths you have "in and around gaming machines?"
12.10pm - 1.30pm
Understanding How Gaming Machines Are Designed
We will take you through building a gaming machine. What do you need to know to reduce your risk of becoming a problem gambler and how can you learn to play more safely at levels you can afford? Answers to the following:
- How gaming machines are designed;
- Myths you have about gaming machines;
- Whether you are "at-risk" of becoming a problem gambler;
- Differences between gaming machines in pubs, clubs and casinos;
- What you need to know about player percentage returns, random number generators and jackpots;
- How problem gamblers gamble; and:
- What to "look out for" in minimising your risks of becoming a problem gambler.
1.30pm - 2.10pm
2.10pm - 2.40pm
- Return of Confidential Assessments completed in the morning with follow-up telephone times if required.
2.40pm - 3.30pm
- Theory and Answers to Woodlands Trust Faulty Logic Scale on Gaming Machines - continued.
- Handout of Woodlands Trust's How Do Problem Gamblers Gamble?
- Information is presented from data Woodlands Trust have collected on our problem gamblers.
3.30pm - 4.00pm
Overview of Educational Treatment Seminar Day with Follow-up and Free CD Budget to be handed out.
- Each course participant will be expected to complete a brief assessment of their Dollars Lost at one-month, of their Dollars Lost, control over gambling and SOGS-3M gambling screen at three months and finally, Dollars Lost, control over gambling and SOGS-3M gambling screen at six months. This will be conducted by telephone and/or postal contact by Woodlands Trust staff.
- Phone contact will be initiated by the Woodlands Trust staff for follow-up.